The Saratoga Springs City School District offers a comprehensive special education program to meet children’s needs at all ability levels from ages three to 21. It is the district’s policy and practice to identify children who have suspected disabilities and/or who are at risk of developmental delays, and program for their individual needs. The “Child Find” procedures in the school district raise awareness of the warning signs of educational disabilities or developmental delays in young children.
The Office of Pupil Services supports students through:
- Coordination and oversight of services for eligible students:
- Special Education Services –ages 3-21
- Section 504 Accommodation Plans – ages 5-21
- School Health and Nursing Services – ages 5-21
- English as a New Language (ENL) – ages 5-21
- Dual enrollment Special Education Services to private and parochial schools located within district boundaries
- Management of Medicaid eligible services and Medicaid Claiming
Preschool Special Education
Assistive technology provides access to programs and devices that assist students with disabilities to access the curriculum, along with student and teaching training. Students with visual, hearing, mobility, reading, writing and cognitive disabilities may be evaluated for assistive technology services and equipment. AT evaluations and services are accessed through a teacher or parent referral to the Office of Pupil Services.
Our district provides support for students and families to prepare for life after shool. Transition planning includes education and referral for employment, further education, and independent living programs. For more information, please contact Ann Schnell, Transition Coordinator, at email@example.com or 518-587-6690 x33115