About the District
The Saratoga Springs City School District has six elementary schools for grades kindergarten to five, one middle school for grades six to eight, and one high school for grades nine to 12. The district serves students from the city of Saratoga Springs and the Saratoga County towns of Milton, Wilton, Malta, Greenfield and Saratoga.
With the help of over 1,100 faculty, staff and administrators, the school district offers outstanding education programs to prepare students for the skills needed to succeed in the ever-changing world. Numerous opportunities are available for students in the fields of STEM including a K-12 Project Lead the Way curriculum and Early College High School programs in multiple areas. Saratoga students also have access to top-notch technology offerings including iPads, tablets, Smartboards, and online educational resources.
In order for all students to be successful, early intervention and prevention programs are available to help our youngest students achieve academic success, with a goal of all students having literacy and numeracy fluency before entering the middle school. The District has also continually expanded the social/emotional network to support the needs of our students including social workers, school-based clinics and Project Lift in all elementary schools.
In addition to an outstanding academic experience, the Saratoga Springs City School District has a reputation for having a supportive community. Partnerships and ongoing support from our community allows students to gain real-world knowledge and hands-on experience.
To support our lifelong learners, the district is proud to partner with SUNY Adirondack to offer a broad range of continuing education courses each year to our school community.
The Saratoga Springs school community will empower all learners in an engaging, collaborative environment to discover their personal pathways to the future. Our Pathways vision will help guide the important work of the school district and ultimately help shape our student’s future success.
The Saratoga Springs school community will empower all learners in an engaging, collaborative environment to discover their personal pathways to the future.
Overcoming barriers to equity, all learners will have the support they need intellectually, creatively, and socially.
- Implement culturally responsive instructional practices in all classrooms across the district.
- Increase the number of students in grades K-8 who are performing at or above grade level standards in literacy and math.
- Increase cohort and subgroup graduation rates by providing opportunities for advanced coursework, career pathways, and additional diploma designations.
Working cooperatively, our culture of learning will motivate all to be innovative, productive, creative and inquisitive.
- Improve student learning through highly functioning, data-informed Professional Learning Communities.
- Through the curriculum renewal process, review and improve curriculum, instruction, and assessments including access to and use of instructional technology for all learners.
Providing opportunities at all schools for families, community, and business to be active partners in supporting learner success.
- Assess and continue to improve our comprehensive district and building safety and security plans.
- Implement consistent communication systems at the classroom, building, and district levels.
- Increase opportunities for student voice and active engagement at all grade levels.
Teaching and learning will meet the individual needs of all learners, developing meaningful connections to support personal growth.
- Continue to improve our comprehensive plan of systems of support for our students and staff.
- Utilize data and resources to support student and staff mental health.
- Utilize flexible and innovative learning spaces to amplify student learning.