SSHS Summer Program 2023 at Maple Avenue Middle School
Co-Principals: Erin Bennett & Stacey Ralston: (518) 587- 6690 ext. 33341
All required courses for graduation will be in-person using a computer-based credit recovery program.
Classes are in session, in-person from Monday, July 10th through Tuesday, August 8th. All classes are scheduled Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m.—11:00 a.m. Students are expected to be in attendance each day for teacher support during this time. *Students will earn a grade of 65 for successful completion of course requirements.
Dates to Remember:
- Monday, June 26 – Friday, June 30: Online Registration
- Thursday, June 29: In-person registration from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 10: First day of in-person summer program classes
- Thursday, July 14: Last Day to Register for a Regents Exam
- Tuesday, August 8: Last Day of Classes
- Thursday, August 10 at 11:30 a.m.: Earth Science Practical
- Wednesday, August 16 & Thursday, August 17: Regents Exams
Regents Review Sessions:
- Wednesday, August 9th 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, August 10th 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Monday, August 14th 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 15th 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Review sessions will be offered in preparation for the following Regents exams: Algebra 1, Global History & Geography II, Physical Setting/Earth Science, Living Environment, English Language Arts, and US History
Students are allowed no more than (3) days of excused absences for circumstances such as illness or emergencies. Students who are absent in excess of (3) days will not be able to fulfill participation and academic requirements for the course.
Transportation will be provided to and from Maple Avenue Middle School. Parents will notify their child’s high school counselor if transportation is needed.
Parents will be mailed a notification if it is recommended that their child attend summer program by their high school counselor. School counselors will be here at the High School on Thursday, June 29th to complete the registration process. Online registration will be open and available June 26th – June 30th using the QR code provided.
Students are expected to be engaged, prepared to work and cooperate fully with their teachers each day. Acts of insubordination towards any staff member, disrespect towards other students or any behavior disruptive to the educational process may result in dismissal from the summer program.
Final Report Cards will be mailed home approximately one week after the summer program ends.