New York State Public Health Law, Section 2164 requires students to be up to date on certain vaccines in order to attend school. All students new to the district and those entering Kindergarten will need to be current on these vaccines. Please be sure your child has all required vaccines prior to the start of school in September to avoid exclusion.
Reminder for parents/guardians whose child will be entering either grades 6, 7 or 12:
- Students entering 6th grade (who are 11 years of age or older) must have one dose Tdap vaccine. Your child may receive this vaccine as early as 10 years of age.
- Students entering 12th grade must have two doses of the Meningococcal vaccine (or one dose if the first dose was given at age 16 or older).
- Students entering 7th grade must have one dose of the Meningococcal vaccine.
We encourage you to speak to your child’s primary care provider to confirm your child is up to date on these vaccine requirements.
Please be aware that the nurses do not work in the summer. However, they will check their emails periodically. We ask that you forward all records to your child’s perspective schools via the following emails:
- Maple Ave students: email the health office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School students: email the health office at email@example.com
If you do not have a healthcare provider or need help getting the vaccine, the Saratoga County Public Health Department holds weekly clinics. To schedule an appointment, call 518-584-7460 Ext. 8599.
In addition, Walmart offers Tdap vaccinations and CVS offers all school-age required vaccines. Contact your local Walmart or CVS for more information.