FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)

Do I have to be residing in the district boundaries to register my children for school?

You must own or lease a residence located within the district boundaries and physically reside in that residence in order to register.

Does my child have to be present when I go to the registration office to complete?

The child does not need to be physically present in the Registrar’s Office at the time of registration, but must be currently residing in the district.

Does the parent or guardian need to be present to complete the registration process?

The parent(s) or legal custodian(s) are the only ones eligible to finalize the registration of the student, and therefore are required to appear at the registrar’s office for signatures and completion.
Parents/Legal Guardians residing separately (which address applies?)
The student’s address for school purposes is presumed to be with their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). If the student resided with someone other than parent, proper documentation must be provided to the registrar. Students who split their time between 2 parental households will need to present documentation designating the student’s primary physical residence.

Do I need an appointment to register my student(s)?

Yes, the final registration process is done in person and is done by appointment only.

How do I register my student if my child will be at a daycare provider before and/or after school?

  • Student transportation is scheduled to and from the student’s primary residence. If transportation is needed to a different location on a regular basis for the following reasons, the parent or guardian must complete an Online Transportation Change Request Form.
  • Daycare purposes for students in Grades K -5 (within the attendance zone).
    Joint Custody purposes for all grade levels (elementary grades within attendance zone only)
  • Pupils residing within a designated school attendance zone are required to attend the elementary school serving that area of attendance. However, a request may be submitted for review to have your child attend another school for approved reasons. Click here to complete form.

What if I am moving to the School District after the first day of school and I want my child to start school in Saratoga Springs City School District?

If you are moving to the Saratoga Springs City School District after the school year begins, you may pay tuition to have your children begin the school year here. Tuition would be paid until you move into the school district. Click here for more information.

How do I know what elementary school my child(ren) will attend?

Saratoga Springs City School District covers over 100 square miles. The District has six elementary schools and there are attendance zones for each elementary school, as well as five flex attendance zones. The elementary population in each zone is ever-changing due to new construction, home sales, age progression and other factors.

Student placement is based on available capacity within the class size target of your child’s specific grade level and the attendance zone you live in. As stated above, it is sometimes necessary to transfer students into an alternate elementary school based on class size targets being at capacity.

If you are planning on moving into our district and would like to know what elementary attendance zone your potential home is located in, please call Mrs. Valerie ElSawi, School Registrar, at 518-583-4789.